I have been working as a developer since 1991 and have a great deal of experience using a large range of technologies. More recently I have become interested in machine learning and intend to develop this skill by implementing some example projects.
Jul 2013 to Nov 2018
LEWIS Creative Consultants Ltd
Senior Technical Developer
Worked as the back-end developer on numerous websites using both .NET and the Umbraco content management system.
- Developed numerous websites for clients, using .NET with C# and the Umbraco CMS.
- Created a fully functional web chat utility, using SignalR and Vue.js.
- Managed the data processing for the product maturity process of a major power utility company and developed processes and utilities to automate the process.
- Created WorkBuddy, a mobile application for monitoring healthy activities while at work. Developed using Objective-C for iOS and Android Java SDK, with a local SQLite database.
- Worked on site at a major power utility company, developing their web sign-up application, using Java in a Spring framework, making use of REST calls for communicating between different layers of the system.
Oct 2008 to Jul 2013
Livingstone Web Services Ltd
Formed a company for the development and promotion of a web-based project management application and various mobile applications.
- Devised, developed and operated an online project planning and monitoring application.
- Designed and developed an automatic testing system, which allowed more frequent releases of the software through the running of repeatable scripts.
Produced various different applications for use with the Android and iOS mobile technology platforms, using native language environments (Android Java SDK and Objective-C).
Oct 1994 to Oct 2008
4sight Financial Software Ltd
Worked on a securities lending software system which was sold to investment banks and other major financial organisations, usually with client-specific customisations. Undertook different roles during projects for this small and dynamic company.
- Involved in every aspect of design, development and testing of customer enhancements during the entire time spent with the company.
- Developed using both client and server technologies, including Oracle and Sybase (SQL and stored procedures), and Sybase's PowerBuilder for the front-end.
- Played a key role in the original design and development of the securities lending product.
Project Manager and Team Leader
- Managed the enhancement and implementation of the securities lending product for seven major client projects, along with numerous other smaller projects.
- Responsible for the full waterfall software development life cycle, from requirements-gathering and agreement, through design, development and testing, to deployment and client acceptance.
- Coordinated all development activity, leading project teams, producing progress reports and holding regular internal and external progress meetings.
- Consistently attained customer recognition for the quality of work carried out.
- Built strong relationships with client management, business and technical teams.
- Collaborated with traders, back-office staff and technical staff to produce initial design studies and functional requirements documents.
- Produced technical specification documents for the development team to implement.
Please note that 4sight Financial Software was previously known as TCAM Systems, Stratus and OM Technology.
Sept 1991 to Apr 1993
ITT World Directories (UK) Ltd
Oct 1993 to Sept 1994
MSc Human Computer Interaction (with distinction)
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
Sept 1987 to June 1991
BSc Hons Computer Science (1st Class)
Hatfield Polytechnic, Hertfordshire